DEUTZ is a technology leader in the area of internal combustion engines. Our products meet present and upcoming emission requirements for the benefit of our customers. To ensure excellent performance, long life and emission compliance, the engines must utilize DEUTZ approved operating media and should be maintained by properly trained service personnel.
Since 1876 DEUTZ engines have played a role in the mechanization and development of the Americas.
The first DEUTZ engines sold in the USA were marketed by Schleicher, Schumm & Co, Philadelphia. This company was succeeded in 1894 by the Otto Gas Engine Works, also located in Philadelphia. The DEUTZ engines were re-introduced to the North American market in 1951 by Diesel Energy Corporation. This company became a DEUTZ subsidiary in 1955 and its name was changed to DEUTZ Corporation in 1974.
DEUTZ Corporation is a sales, service, spare parts and application engineering center for the Americas, supporting the DEUTZ product range of 5 – 670.5 hp diesel engines. Located northeast of Atlanta, GA in the US, we employ 141 people covering all aspects of marketing and support.
Throughout the years we have produced gas engines, diesel engines, trucks, buses and tractors in the Americas. Our engines have provided power to bring in the harvests, to transport people and goods, to bring electricity to remote areas, to mine minerals and to move the very construction equipment that shaped and continues to shape our surroundings