A Global Leader
The company is well positioned to capture significant revenue growth, driven by stricter light and commercial truck and off-highway emissions regulations being implemented globally.
- Nearly 29,000 employees worldwide
- More than 90 manufacturing facilities on six continents
- 15 engineering centers around the world
- Passenger car
- Light truck
- On- and off-road commercial vehicles
- Forestry vehicles
- Mining vehicles
- Off-road recreational
Hot-end emission control expertise
- Designing systems that meet environmental regulations through the integration of ceramic catalyst substrates coated with precious metals
- Cushioning the fragile substrate from engine and road vibration
- Maximizing use of thermal energy to heat the catalyst quickly
- Controlling air flow efficiently to reduce back pressure while improving fuel efficiency
- Optimizing placement of engine management sensors
- Using advanced acoustic engineering tools to achieve customer preferred exhaust sounds
- Tenneco offers all catalytic converter canning techniques as well as hot- and-cold spinning manufacturing capabilities.
- Our converter canning capabilities include thin-wall and ultra-thin wall substrate canning, tourniquet, calibrated Tubular Integrated Converter, clamshell and shoebox designs.
Diesel emissions technology
- Our emission control research and development efforts focus on innovations to support immediate and anticipated mandates for diesel-engine vehicles as well as gasoline.
- We design and manufacture aftertreatment products and systems that reduce or eliminate diesel particulate emissions. Tenneco introduced one of the first diesel particulate filters, which currently equips 34 passenger car and light truck models.
- Our diesel particulate filters are temperature resistant and eliminate more than 95% of particulate matter from diesel emissions.
- Tenneco's active burner diesel particulate filter, engineered for low temperature applications like non-road or urban stop-and-go, regenerates the filter when exhaust temperatures are low. The technology also provides faster aftertreatment warmup for improved cold start performance.
- Diesel Oxidation Catalysts (DOC) significantly reduce emissions and can incorporate silencing devices, diesel particulate filters, and NOx abatement technology for optimum efficiency.